Monday, July 7, 2008

Celebrations



I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July celebrations. Our family celebrated in Driggs, ID at my in-laws "cabin". We have spent our 4th up here for the last three years and seem to always enjoy it. I really like not having to deal with crowds and crowds of people just to see a parade or fireworks show and the scenery just can't be beat.

When we arrived the place had been flooded from irrigation, so the kids spent the day playing in the water and even some grown ups played water badminton (I won't post those humiliating pictures). The next morning the early risers (not me) enjoyed watching the hot air balloons go by. Usually, they fly right over us, but this year the wind was blowing them away from us, but my husband did manage to get some pictures.

Later we all went on a hike. I believe I like this the best. It is an easy, but beautiful hike to go on. The kids enjoyed breaking rocks with Grandpa and putting them into their backpacks. Caden's backpack ended up being too heavy for him, so his cousin carried it for him. Thanks Jaser!



That evening we drove in town for the fireworks show and watched the neighborhood come alive with fireworks and realized later that the BIG fireworks were in Victor. Oh well, at least we weren't the only idiots who thought they were in Driggs. We went back to the "cabin" and started our own fireworks show. We all went to bed late that night :) It was a fun 4th of July weekend, but I was exhausted and glad to come home when it was over even though I have piles of laundry to do now. Who am I kidding? I always have piles of laundry....

1 comment:

ranell said...

Glad to hear you had a fun 4th. We need to come visit sometime. If only gas didn't cost an arm, a leg, and a kidney too.

About Me

My photo
Welcome...my name is Angie and I am blessed to be living in a crazy, but always exciting home with 4 young little boys and 1 man who helps bring clarity to my sometimes insane household. I love to create new things, recipes, cards, quilting, or even mud pies with my boys, I am hands on! I hope that you can find some laughter and smiles while you visit.