Friday, May 13, 2011

So Many Projects....

We are trying to make room for the new baby that will soon be here and that means moving my craft room to well...I don't really know yet, but in the process I have been trying to finish up some projects that I have stashed away. I have finished piecing two quilt tops together that are now ready to be quilted. This is the most recent one that I have done.

I actually won this Moda fabric from the Quilt Shoppe that was in Rigby and have finally gotten around to using it. I am a beginning quilter so I purchased a book of quilt patterns that uses jelly rolls, and totally ignoring the part that said this pattern was for advanced quilters, I picked this star pattern. I mean really how hard could it be? Yeah...okay. I cannot tell you how many times I was using my seam ripper on this. With a baby on the way and so many other projects to do, I finally gave up on perfection and just sewed on despite the flaws. I think it is still cute. Speaking of cute, here are some pictures of my little helper who likes to take out the pins for me.



Will does a good job taking out those pins and even putting them away, but you have to keep up with him! I learned my lesson when I tediously pinned two large pieces together and then left it to run some other errands only to find that all of my somewhat perfectly placed pins had been removed! Oh well, I still adore him. So now I have packed up all my sewing supplies and fabric and placed it in the basement storage. I now move on to catch up on my scrapbooking. That will be a challenge.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Welcome...my name is Angie and I am blessed to be living in a crazy, but always exciting home with 4 young little boys and 1 man who helps bring clarity to my sometimes insane household. I love to create new things, recipes, cards, quilting, or even mud pies with my boys, I am hands on! I hope that you can find some laughter and smiles while you visit.