Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Butterfly Mobile

So a few months back I found some cute butterfly mobiles on Etsy and thought to myself, "I can make that". I decided to give it a try and cut some butterflies using my Cricut out of vellum and some sparkly white paper. I also picked up some crystal beads to add. I went to work not having any plan, meaning I just starting stringing them randomly with no measurements or how many to even make. A few nights into this and I began to think I would be adding this to my growing  pile of unfinished projects. I was also worried that it wouldn't turn out as it was just looking like a gigantic butterfly mess. So this last week, I decided I had better give this one more lasting effort and finish the dang thing. Amazingly, I did just that and it looks better than I expected. I would hope to have a plan if I did this again, but highly doubt it will be attempted. Here is my FINISHED project and just in time as I have only 5 more days until my due date. I certainly won't be putting this even close to little hands to grab and choke on, but for now it makes a cute hanging decoration in baby's room.


2 comments:

The Coy Family said...

Angie,

I think it turned out great! Who needs planning anyway. The best things are unplanned (babies :) Good luck on the birth of your little one. I hope she/he comes soon for you. The last week can seem so long. Hang in there.

Cherry

Lannon said...

That is darling, Ang! I was just thinking the other day about when your baby was due. Post lots of cute pictures when the baby is finally here. We're so excited for you guys. Good luck with everything!

About Me

My photo
Welcome...my name is Angie and I am blessed to be living in a crazy, but always exciting home with 4 young little boys and 1 man who helps bring clarity to my sometimes insane household. I love to create new things, recipes, cards, quilting, or even mud pies with my boys, I am hands on! I hope that you can find some laughter and smiles while you visit.