Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I made that!

I feel like one of my kids right now when I say, look what I did!






This is a cub scout flag I made for our den. Back in September, our handbook suggested to make a den flag. The boys traced their hand prints and then we cut them out, but for weeks I have been thinking about how I was going to make a flag. I have little sewing knowledge and am just learning as I go. Very little sewing was done here. I wanted the hand prints to be removable so I stitched them to the flag, so that when our cub scout goes to bears, he can take his hand print as a memento. Also, I added some decorative stitches on the sides of the diamond. The rest was done with  my friend, fabric glue. I printed a copy of the wolf badge from the internet and used this to cut out the shapes. The wolf was a challenge. I happened upon a projector from a handy someone and used it to trace the wolf onto the felt with fabric paint, then I filled in the rest later. It was a bit tricky and I had to use my own artistic abilities (surprisingly, I have some). It certainly is not perfect, but I think it turned out great!

 
Okay, for my other project. I purchased a couple patterns off of etsy and made this bag to pack all the stuff we take to church. Remember I said that I have little sewing knowledge. Yeah, I also don't know how to cut patterns out. I won't embarrass myself too much here, but more than a few mistakes were made. I am still in awe that I really made this. Who would have thought I could be such a crafty person?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Welcome...my name is Angie and I am blessed to be living in a crazy, but always exciting home with 4 young little boys and 1 man who helps bring clarity to my sometimes insane household. I love to create new things, recipes, cards, quilting, or even mud pies with my boys, I am hands on! I hope that you can find some laughter and smiles while you visit.